Amazon has launched the “AI Ready” initiative, offering eight free AI and generative AI courses to provide free AI skills training to 2 million people worldwide by 2025. This move comes in response to findings from an AWS study highlighting the strong demand for AI talent and the potential for higher salaries for workers skilled in AI technologies.
The AI Ready initiative includes key components such as free courses for non-technical audiences, a high school and university students scholarship with Udacity, and a partnership with Code.org. This initiative aims to train two million people in AI by 2025, addressing the growing skills gap and empowering individuals to participate in the AI-driven economy.
The available courses in the new AI training series are:
- Introduction to Generative Artificial Intelligence – Offers a basic understanding of generative AI, its applications, and essential concepts.
- Generative AI Learning Plan for Decision Making – Teaches how to implement generative AI in decision-making processes.
- Building Language Models – Teaches using Amazon SageMaker for building and fine-tuning language models.
- Amazon Transcribe—Getting Started – An introduction to using Amazon Transcribe to convert speech to text.
- Building Generative AI Applications Using Amazon Bedrock – Guides learners on using Amazon Bedrock to create generative AI applications.
The growing emphasis on developing AI skills reflects an evolving digital landscape where AI-driven strategies will become increasingly critical for success in various sectors. Amazon’s initiative addresses the immediate industry needs and shapes the future landscape of AI and its applications in business and society. This move follows Google’s announcement of its own free AI courses in September.