Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Andre Iguodala, along with Marc Lasry’s Avenue Sports Fund, have acquired the rights to the TGL San Francisco franchise, the fifth ownership group to be announced by TGL. TGL is a new tech-forward, prime time, team golf league developed by Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy’s TMRW Sports in partnership with the PGA Tour, set to launch in January 2024.
The San Francisco franchise is focused on developing a team of talented players, and the ownership group is excited to represent Northern California, which is the center of tech innovation and home to world-class golf courses and incredible golf fans. The TGL San Francisco team will generate a lot of energy in the Bay Area and around the world. The official name of the San Francisco team will be announced soon, along with the team’s brand, front office staff, assigned players, and inaugural schedule.
Here are some key details about the TGL San Francisco franchise acquisition:
- The ownership group is led by Marc Lasry’s Avenue Sports Fund and Stephen Curry, with additional investors including NBA stars Andre Iguodala and Klay Thompson.
- Lasry has demonstrated leadership in sports, including as former co-owner of the championship Milwaukee Bucks NBA franchise.
- The investment in TGL San Francisco represents the Avenue Sports Fund’s first major investment.
- Northern California is a natural choice for a TGL team, as it is both the hub of tech innovation and home to world-class golf courses and incredible golf fans.
- The TGL San Francisco team will be focused on developing an extraordinary team of talented players.
- The TGL San Francisco team will generate a lot of energy in the Bay Area and around the world.
The acquisition of the TGL San Francisco franchise by Stephen Curry, Marc Lasry’s Avenue Sports Fund, and other investors is an exciting development for the TGL and the world of golf. The ownership group’s focus on developing a talented team and representing Northern California’s tech innovation and golf culture is sure to generate a lot of buzz and excitement leading up to the league’s launch in January 2024.