YouTube Shorts, the short-form video platform, has added new creation tools to compete with TikTok. The new features include:
- Collab: This tool lets users record short-form videos in a split-screen format with other creators.
- Q&As: Creators can now engage with their audience by answering questions in a video format.
- Remixing: Users can now remix audio from other Shorts videos.
- Effects and stickers: New effects and stickers have been added to the platform to enhance creativity.
- Live discovery: Users can now discover live Shorts videos from their favorite creators.
- Creation suggestions: The platform will now suggest new ideas for Shorts videos to inspire creators.
- Playlist saving: Users can now save their favorite Shorts videos to playlists for easy access.
- Recomposition tools: These tools allow users to edit and re-compose their Shorts videos.
These new features are aimed at encouraging inspiration and creativity among creators on the platform. With these tools, YouTube Shorts hopes to take on TikTok and attract more users to its platform. As Gen Z increasingly uses TikTok as a search engine, YouTube Shorts’ new features may help it gain more traction among younger audiences.
YouTube Shorts has added new creation tools like Collab, Q&As, and stickers to compete with TikTok and encourage creativity among its users. These new features may help the platform attract more users, especially among younger audiences who are increasingly using short-form video platforms like TikTok as a search engine.